MOBILE BANKING safety tips
No matter what kind of mobile banking method you use, reduce fraud and protect your money by following a few common-sense precautions:
- Set the phone to require a password to power on the device or unlock it.
- Whether you’re using the mobile web or a mobile app, don’t let it automatically log you in to your bank account. Otherwise, if your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
- Avoid sharing your password, account number, PIN, answers to secret questions or other such information. Don’t save this information anywhere on your handset.
- Immediately tell your bank or mobile operator if you lose your phone.
Monitor your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through our online/mobile banking portal. There is no fee for this service!
Kasasa Protect is a great tool for monitoring and protecting your identity. For more information, visit our Kasasa Protect page.
For more tips on preventing identity theft, visit www.ftc.gov
protecting your informATION
We need your help to keep your OakStar Bank account information secure. We will never contact you either by phone or by email and ask for:
- Your account information
- Online banking credentials
- PIN numbers
- Security question answers
If you ever do receive a call from someone you believe to be OakStar Bank asking for this information, please hang up and contact us directly at 417.447.0535.
Commercial customers are encouraged to perform a risk assessment and controls evaluation on all online banking access points on a regular basis.
Phone & email SAFETY TIPS
- Never click on emails notifying you of "compromised" security. (These emails are attempts to steal your identity.)
- Never answer personal questions over the phone from an incoming (unsolicited) call.
- Never give access to your personal computer to someone who has called you to tell you your computer is compromised. (These are not legitimate calls.)
- Always shred documents containing personal information.
If you do inadvertently give your personal information out over the phone or the internet, contact your local branch immediately to let them know your identity has possibly been compromised.
NOTICE SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY?
If at any time you believe there is suspicious activity on your account, please contact our customer service department at 417.447.0535 during regular business hours.
If you believe there is suspicious activity associated with your debit card, please contact our customer service department at 417.447.0535 during regular business hours. To report suspicious activity on a debit card during non-business hours please call 855.961.1602.
credit report information
- Equifax: 1.800.685.1111 or www.equifax.com
- Experian: 1.888.397.3742 or www.experian.com
- TransUnion: 1.800.916.8800 or www.transunion.com
- For a free annual credit report call 1.877.322.8228 or visit www.annualcreditreport.com
- Elder Abuse Hotline: 1.800.392.0210
- www.health.mo.gov for MOSAFE (Missourians Stopping Adult Financial Exploitation)
- www.ftc.gov for Federal Trade Commission