The wait is over! It's time to activate your new OakStar Bank debit card!
Please take some time to read over the information below as it's very important in helping make sure your transition to your new OakStar Bank debit card goes as smoothly as possible. As always, your OakStar Bank team is here to help with any questions you may have at 417.447.0535.
getting started on monday, april 10th
You may now activate your new OakStar Bank debit card! Here's how:
1.) Grab your new debit card and call 1.800.290.7893
2.) Follow the prompts to activate your card (be prepared to answer a few verification questions)
3.) Stay on the line and set your new PIN
Don't forget - if you have any automatic payments tied to your old OakStar card, you will need to switch them over to your new card.
what's changing and why?
The new OakStar debit cards will offer the below features in addition to a new, sleek appearance (school mascot cards will have the same appearance as the current card). The consumer debit, school mascot debit, private banking debit, business debit, and HSA card will all be updated with the following
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Contactless - tap to pay
- My Card Rules - manage alerts and limits in the OakStar mobile app
- Chip Technology - makes paying for your purchases more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- 24/7 Fraud Monitoring
Shown above: HSA card (green), business debit (gray), consumer debit (white), and private banking platinum debit (black). Please note, customers with a school mascot card will still receive a new card and card number, but it will have the same look as the current school card.
which customers will not be receiving a new card?
If you opened a new OakStar Bank account and received a debit card at account opening OR if you received a new OakStar Bank debit card (with a new card number) after February 17th, 2023, you will not be receiving a new debit card and will continue to have the current OakStar Bank debit card design and functionality.
All other OakStar Bank debit card holders will receive a new card.
timeline and important dates
The date you receive your new card through Monday, April 10th: You will need to hold on to your new OakStar Bank debit card until you can activate it on Monday, April 10th.
Over the weekend of Friday, April 7th - Monday April 10th: Our debit card system will be in transition. During this time, you may continue to use your current OSB debit card; however, some debit card functionality will be limited. We will do everything we can to minimize disruption, but we encourage you to plan ahead.
- Debit card transactions should go through, but we encourage you to have another form of payment handy in case you run into any snags.
- Your debit card transactions will not be visible in online banking from Friday, April 7th through mid-day Monday, April 10th, but don't worry- they are still there and will still post to your account!
- Your available balance may not be visible in online banking during this timeframe, so you may want to keep a separate ledge to track any debits and credits.
Monday, April 10th: You will need to activate your new OakStar Bank debit card by calling 1.800.290.7893 and following the prompts. When you call this numbers, you will need to both activate your new card and set your new PIN. This phone number will be included with your new debit card when you receive it in the mail.
Your current OakStar Bank debit card will no longer work after this date.
Will my card number be changing?
- Yes, you will be receiving a brand new debit card with a new card number, expiration date, and CVV number.
How come I didn't receive a new card in the mail?
- There could be a couple of reasons you may have not received a new debit card in the mail. Below are a few scenarios:
- You received a new OakStar Bank debit card after February 17th, 2023.
- Your current home address is incorrect in the OakStar system and must be updated by reaching out to your local OakStar branch or by calling 417.447.0535.
- It hasn't made its way to you yet. Please allow for the month of March to receive your card in the mail.
Will my automatic transactions automatically update with my new debit card?
- No. Because you have a new card number, you will need to update any automatic transactions tied to your debit card on or after Monday, April 10th.
Will my "Pocket Change" round-up feature be set up for my new card?
- Yes. Your new debit card will automatically be enrolled in our round-up savings feature IF you current debit card is already enrolled. If you do not currently use the Pocket Change feature, you will need to enroll your new debit card here on or after Monday, April 10th.
Will my school mascot debit card still have the same benefits for my local school?
- Yes. Although customers with school debit cards are getting a brand new card and card number, the overall look featuring the school colors and mascot will remain the same as will the benefits.
How do I activate my new card?
- You will need to call the number printed on the sticker on your new card (1.800.290.7893) to activate it on Monday, April 10th.
How do I set the PIN for my new card?
- You will need to call the number printed on the sticker on your new card (1.800.290.7893) to set your PIN on Monday, April 10th.