Switching your account is easy!
At OakStar Bank we're dedicated to ensuring that our transition is a smooth one. These three easy steps will guide you through the process.
Step 1 - Get Started
Review your last few statements and note all auto automatic payments. (Remember to leave sufficient funds to cover any outstanding checks or pending auto matic payments.)
Step 2 - Change your Automatic Deposits and Payments
- Move your direct deposits by completing the Direct Deposit Form. Be sure to include a voided check, not a deposit ticket, with your request.
- Transfer your social security direct deposit, by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or visit their website at www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm.
- Set up new automatic payments by using the Automatic Payment Form, or consider our internet banking with FREE Unlimited Bill Pay.
Step 3 - Change your Automatic Payments
- Confirm all checks have cleared and all automatic payments have changed.
- Complete the Account Closure Form and send it to your previous bank.
- Destroy any unused checks, ATM/debit cards and deposit slips associated with your old accounts.
- Start using your new OakStar Bank account exclusively.
For more information or assistance in any part of this proceess call us at (417) 877-2020.
Click here for the Account Transfer Form (PDF).
Click here for the Direct Deposit Form (PDF).
Click here for the Automatic Payment Form (PDF).
Click here for the Account Closure Form (PDF).
Click here for Helpful Hints & Numbers (PDF).