OakStar Bank is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and taking the necessary steps to maintain the safety of our team members, customers, and communities we serve.
Currently, all lobbies will be closed on Saturdays but drive-thrus will remain open regular hours. Our lobbies are open Mon-Fri but we ask that customers only come inside to access safe deposit boxes or for scheduled appointments if possible. We encourage customers to utilize drive-thrus, our Experience Center or Mobile/Online Banking products to conduct normal banking business. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to serve you during this time.
Below you will see our current plan of action as well as a letter from our CEO, Randy Johnson, regarding the current situation.
BUSINESS WILL CONTINUE AS USUAL
OakStar Bank operating hours, business procedures, and service will continue as normal. Customers should see no change in their day-to-day banking activities at OakStar Bank.
OUR PLAN OF ACTION
OakStar Bank will continue to monitor coronavirus developments across the country as information becomes available. We are devoted to being informed and are using science-based information through the CDC, MDH, and WHO to help us take the necessary steps to keep our team members and customers safe, and meet the banking needs of our customers and the communities we serve.
As the impact of the coronavirus is everchanging, it does not appear to cause a direct threat to OSB operations at this time. We will continue to monitor the status and impact as it develops and as needed, provide timely and accurate updates as it relates to your banking needs.
PLAN, PREPARATION, AND POLICY
OakStar Bank has a team dedicated to preparing all employees for pandemic and other crisis events such as the coronavirus. This group has been working alongside our executive management team with a pandemic policy that addresses certain topics, such as employee travel, workplace policies, and additional cleaning methods.
We have strong, operational plans in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our team members along with our continued ability to complete banking operations as usual in order to best serve the needs of our customers and communities.
ONLINE AND MOBILE BANKING
In addition to all OakStar Bank locations continuing to serve as normal, our customers can also bank virtually anywhere with the OSB Mobile Banking app and through OakStarBank.com.
OSB Mobile App is fast, free, and secure
- Download the “OakStar Mobile Banking” application
- Enroll in Online Banking here
OSB Mobile/Online Banking Features
- Check Account Balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Deposit checks and pay bills**
*Must be an Online Banking Customer.
**Online customers must first setup transfer and bill pay accounts prior to using these features.
At this time, OakStar Bank has suspended any non-essential business travel until further notice. This includes the travel of team members to any work-related conferences, conventions, or any other large group gathering.
We have and will continue to rely on the CDC for recommendations and guidelines as they relate to any quarantine implementations. Team members will be asked to self-quarantine if they apply to one of the following:
- Diagnosed with a presumptive positive case or confirmed case of COVID-19 by a health official
- Members of a household have been diagnosed with a presumptive positive case or confirmed case of COVID-19 by a health official
- Contact with someone who has been diagnosed with a presumptive positive case or confirmed case of COVID-19 by a health official
- Attended an event, conference, or other gathering and have been notified than an attendee(s) has been diagnosed with a presumptive positive case or confirmed case of COVID-19 by a health official
As information regarding the coronavirus is available to the public at all channels, it is important to continue to practice online and digital safety. Coronavirus-related phishing and scamming attacks are happening via email, text messages, phone calls, and more. As we all want to further our education on the current pandemic, please keep these tips in mind when online or on the phone:
- Phishing emails can look like they are coming from a trusted source.
- Scammers may use fear-based messaging to get you to click to read more
- EX: “Keep your children safe from the coronavirus” or “Coronavirus infection warning from local school district”
- Phone calls may be made to raise money for local “victims”
- Never answer personal questions or give out your banking information over the phone from an incoming (unsolicited) call.
- If you do inadvertently give your personal information out over the phone or the internet, contact your local branch immediately to let them know your identity has possibly been compromised.
- Other examples of coronavirus-related scams
- “Click here to see the local coronavirus impact map”
- Updated information from the CDC or WHO
WE'RE HERE TO SERVE
OakStar Bank is serious about our relationship with you. Our efforts focus on solutions that continue to meet your banking needs in a safe and reasonable way. If you have any questions or concerns about the coronavirus as it relates to your relationship with OakStar Bank, please reach out to our OakStar Experience Center or to the OakStar Bank which serves your community.
OakStar Experience Center | 417.447.0535 | Monday-Friday: 7am-8pm; Saturdays: 9am-12pm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus
- Missouri Department of Health - Coronavirus
- How to Prepare for The Coronavirus in Your Community
- How to Protect Yourself
- COVID-19 FAQs
- Schools, Workplaces, and Community Location Guidelines